Vulnerable Adult Policy
PARISH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST, COPTHORNE
As members of this PCC we are committed to the safeguarding, care and nurture of all our members.
- We recognize that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as vulnerable at some time in our lives.
- As members of this parish, we commit ourselves to respectful pastoral care for all adults to whom we minister.
- We commit ourselves to the safeguarding of people who may be vulnerable, ensuring their well-being in the life of this church.
- We commit ourselves to promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
- We commit ourselves to promoting the inclusion and empowerment of people who may be vulnerable.
- It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent the physical, verbal, emotional, financial, sexual, institutional and spiritual abuse of vulnerable people and to report any such abuse that we discover or suspect.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the appointment and selection of those who will work with people who may be vulnerable.
- We will provide Safeguarding training for all staff and volunteers overseeing vulnerable adults.
- Each person who works with vulnerable people will agree to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by this church.
- An accurate record of DBS certificates and reference statements of staff and volunteers will be held securely along with the relevant expiry date.
- We will review this policy annually and as part of this process will ensure that all our procedures, particularly in relation to the Disclosure and Barring Service, are up to date.
Policy reviewed and adopted by St John’s PCC - October 2022