The care and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of the whole Church. Everyone who participates in the life of the Church has a role to play in promoting a Safer Church for all. The following documents set out the policies of the Church of England and of St John's Church, Copthorne regarding the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Promoting a Safer Church
- Safeguarding Policy
- E-Safety Policy
- Behaviour Code
- Whistleblowing and Concerns Policy
- Allegations-Management Policy and Guidance
Our parish safeguarding officer is Eric Trefett you can email him on: email@example.com
- If you are a child and you need to talk to someone about things that are happening to you that you don’t like, please click on this link which takes you the Childline website, or telephone Childline on 0800 1111.
- If you are an adult and you need to access support about something that is happening to you, please click on this link to find out how you can do that. Scroll down to find links to various support organisations for you to contact.
- If you need to contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team, please click on this link.